BUSINESS COUNSELING AND LITIGATION
Ohio Business Law Firm
Turn to Walker Novack Legal Group, LLC for Business Counseling and Litigation Attorneys in Columbus, Ohio
Operating a successful business in the state of Ohio presents many legal and non-legal challenges. At Walker Novack Legal Group, LLC, our attorneys and legal professionals understand the planning and foresight necessary to avoid the costly legal issues and pitfalls. Our firm is dedicated to providing Ohio businesses with smart, powerful counsel to avoid litigation. However, when a legal dispute cannot be avoided, our attorneys are ready to provide you with powerful advocacy and qualified trial litigation representation.
Consulting and Litigation are Necessary for a Business’s Survival in Ohio
Consulting Services help business owners look ahead for potential issues and circumstances that may present challenges in the future and making plans to mitigate the disruption in business operations that they may cause. Litigation Services are beneficial when a business must sue another to protect itself or finds itself being sued by a competitor, supplier, or customer. Having access to both types of services helps ensure disputes are kept out of the courtroom and that costly litigation is minimized if a lawsuit is unavoidable.
Business Consulting and Litigation Services Offered
New start-ups and established businesses alike can benefit from preventative and remedial legal services. Some of the most common issues addressed under the umbrella of business consulting and litigation services include:
- Business Formations: There are various forms that a new business can take. The type of business that is formed will dictate whether the owner(s) can be sued personally, determine how profits are taxed, and with what formalities business owners must comply. There is no “one size fits all” business form; thinking through the various liability and tax implications of each available choice is the only way to ensure the business form selected for a new business venture will best serve the needs, goals, and concerns of the owner(s). Our business attorneys help entrepreneurs and business executives with the development of legal document and agreements such as Asset Purchase Agreements (APA), Articles of Incorporation, Joint Venture Agreements, Limited Liability Company (LLC) Formation, Partnership Agreements, and Stock Purchase Agreements (SPA).
- Business Mergers, Acquisitions and Sales: Buying and selling businesses and business assets represent risks for both buyers and sellers. Ambiguities in the terms of the sale are risky for both parties to a sales transaction. Buyers should want to ensure the price they are paying for a business is fair and reasonable considering the business’s inventory, assets, and goodwill. Sellers want to know that the terms of the sale are clear and that each party understands the terms of the transaction. Experienced Ohio business sale and acquisition attorneys can help ensure there are no loose ends at the conclusion of the matter.
- Business Disputes and Dissolutions: Whenever two or more individuals are involved in a business venture together, there will come a time when the two will disagree over some material matter. Some disagreements may be resolved through skillful mediation, but other hurdles will be insurmountable. If a business venture cannot continue due to two or more owners’ diverging views on a matter, a reevaluation of the business’s continued viability will be necessary. In some situations, it may make sense for the business to continue in a modified form. In other situations, the business may need to be wound up.
Why Choose Walker Novack Legal Group?
Columbus Business Counseling and Litigation Attorneys
Walker Novack Legal Group represents companies of all sizes, entrepreneurs, and executives in all types of legal disputes, whether actual or threatened, plaintiff or defendant, start-up or established, as lead counsel or local counsel. Our business counseling and litigation attorneys have achieved significant results in both federal and state court litigation, and are equally proud of results we have obtained pre-litigation. Indeed, litigation should be considered a last resort. So where our attorneys can prevent a legal dispute before it erupts, or quell a conflict after it threatens to do more harm, the result is often far more valuable to the client in terms of time, energy, and dollars saved than a trial verdict. So whatever legal issue you or your company experiences, you can feel confident in placing your trust in a Columbus law firm that will take the matter head-on, with its relentless mission to obtain the result that gets you back to business as quickly as possible.
Our attorneys provide the following to the central Ohio communities of Columbus, Westerville, New Albany, Pickerington, Gahanna, Worthington, Lewis Center, Dublin, and Johnstown.
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Contract Negotiation and Disputes
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
- Employment At Will
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Medical Contracts (Physician or Hospital)
- Non-Compete/Competition Issues
- Race, Gender, or Religious Discrimination
- Sexual Harassment
- Wage and Hour Matters (Including paid time off/PTO)
- Whistleblower Protection
Intellectual Property Law
Business & Commercial Litigation
- Breach of Contract
- Interference with Contractual Relationships
- Minority Shareholder Disputes
- Trademark/Copyright Infringement
- Unfair Competition
- Wrongful Termination
Comprehensive, Professional Assistance for Ohio Business Owners
Whatever your Ohio business legal needs are, Walker Novack Legal Group, LLC is available to provide the accurate and understandable counsel you need to make the right decision. Speak with us by calling (614) 423-8276 and scheduling a no-cost initial consultation with our Ohio business law team. Our attorneys provide the following to the central Ohio communities of Columbus, Westerville, New Albany, Pickerington, Gahanna, Worthington, Lewis Center, Dublin, and Johnstown.